Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020) [Effective from January 1, 2020]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020)
[Effective from January 1, 2020]
For more details click here

ICV 2019: 96.39
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2018: 95.39
NAAS RATING 2020: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2018.7(7): 2970-2978
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.707.347


Determination of Physical and Bacteriological Quality of Water Based on Most Probable Number (MPN) Count, pH and Total Hardness of Water Sources in and around Jabalpur City of Madhya Pradesh
Kashikar Supriya Satish*, Bhavana Gupta, Ran Vijay Singh, Bhavana Rani and Shakuntala Birla
Narayani Niwas, Trimurti Nagar, Near Gajanan Maharaj Temple, Parbhani (MS), India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

A study was designed with an objective to determine the safety of water for drinking or food preparation. The physical quality was checked on the basis of pH and total hardness. Out of 117 samples tested, 40 (34.18%) were satisfactory i.e., MPN count between 1 and 3. Forty (34.18%) were suspicious and rest 37 (31.62%) were unsatisfactory. 111 (94.87%) samples had pH in the range of 6.5-8.5, remaining 6 (5.12%) had pH >8. Of 117 samples tested, none of the samples were soft or moderately hard, 72 (61.53%) were hard (3-6 mEQ/L) and 45 (38.46%) were very hard (>6 mEQ/L).


Keywords: Physical and bacteriological quality, Water, MPN count, Jabalpur city
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Kashikar Supriya Satish, Bhavana Gupta, Ran Vijay Singh, Bhavana Rani and Shakuntala Birla. 2018. Determination of Physical and Bacteriological Quality of Water Based on Most Probable Number (MPN) Count, pH and Total Hardness of Water Sources in and around Jabalpur City of Madhya Pradesh.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 7(7): 2970-2978. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.707.347