Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019) [Effective from January 1, 2019]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019)
[Effective from January 1, 2019]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2017.6(12): 2557-2564
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.612.296


Studies on Integrated Nutrient Management (INM) Practices on Soil Characteristics and Yield in Tissue Culture Banana cv. Grand Naine (AAA)
S. Firoz Hussain1*, Lakshminarayana Reddy2 and Venkata Ramudu3
1Dr YSRHU, Venkataramannagudem, Andhra Pradesh, India
2Department of Horticulture, Dr YSRHU, Venkataramannagudem, Andhra Pradesh, India
3SKCHS, Anantapuramu, Andhra Pradesh, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

A field study was undertaken at College of Horticulture, Anantharajupet during the years 2012 – 2013 to investigate the possible effects of different INM treatments on soil nutrient contents before planting and harvest, number of leaves emerged and yield and its attributes. The results revealed available nitrogen content in the experimental plots even before planting of the experiment was significantly differed and recorded higher available nitrogen content (215.39) in the plot allotted for 80 % RDF (inorganic) + 20 % RDN (FYM) along with Azosprillum + Phosphate solubilizing bacteria (PSB) + Frateuria aurantia (FA). Before planting of the experiment, available phosphorus content in the soil was significantly altered and significantly higher available phosphorus content in the soil was registered in the plot allotted for 100 % RDF (inorganic). Available potassium content in the soil was significantly affected before planting of the experiment and significantly higher available potassium content in the soil was recorded in the plot allotted for 80 % RDF (inorganic) + 20 % RDN (FYM) + FA (450.83 kg ha-1). Significantly higher available potassium content in the soil was registered in the 80 % RDF (inorganic) + 20 % RDN (VC) + Azospirillum, PSB and FA (276.51 kg ha-1) treatment plot. At 5 MAP, plants supplied with 80 % RDF (inorganic) + 20 % RDN (FYM) along with Azospirillum, PSB and FA have put forth significantly maximum number of leaves (29.6). Application of 80 % RDF (inorganic) + 20 % RDN (FYM) along with Azospirillum, PSB and FA has resulted in production of maximum leaves at shooting (37.8). Significantly maximum number of hands bunch-1 (10.75) was obtained with application of 80% RDF + 20% RDN through FYM + Azospirillum, PSB and FA and it was at par with application of 80% RDF + 20% RDN through VC + Azospirillum, PSB and FA and 80% RDF + 20% RDN through FYM + FA. Application of 80% RDF + 20% RDN through FYM + Azospirillum, PSB and FA has recorded significantly higher number of fruits bunch-1 (156.50) and it was on a par with application of 80% RDF + 20% RDN through FYM and 80% RDF + 20% RDN through VC + Azospirillum, PSB and FA. Significantly highest bunch weight (24.53 kg) was recorded with application of 80% RDF + 20% RDN through FYM + Azospirillum, PSB and FA and it was on a par with application of 80% RDF + 20% RDN through VC + Azospirillum, PSB and FA and 80% RDF + 20% RDN through VC + FA


Keywords: INM, Tissue culture, Banana and Grand Naine.
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Firoz Hussain, S., Lakshminarayana Reddy and Venkata Ramudu. 2017. Studies on Integrated Nutrient Management (INM) Practices on Soil Characteristics and Yield in Tissue Culture Banana cv. Grand Naine (AAA).Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 6(12): 2557-2564. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.612.296