Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2018 - IJCMAS--ICV 2018: 95.39 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020) [Effective from January 1, 2020]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020)
[Effective from January 1, 2020]
For more details click here

ICV 2018: 95.39
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2018 - IJCMAS--ICV 2018: 95.39
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2018: 95.39
NAAS RATING 2020: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2017.6(7): 2817-2823
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.607.392


A Study on Socio-Economic Back Ground of Basmati Rice Growers in Saharanpur District, India
Akshay Kumar1*, R.N. Yadav1, Roop Kumar1, Ravindra Kumar1, Amit Kumar Mishra1, Amit Kumar1 and Jagdeep Kumar2
1Department of Agricultural Extension and Communication,
2Department of Animal Husbandry, College of Agriculture, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Meerut-250110, (U.P.), India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

The study was conducted in district Saharanpur during 2014 to investigate the socioeconomic profiles of rural rice farmers. To this end, primary data was collected through structured questionnaire using a sample of size eighty allocating to four block selected purposively, each comprising two villages selected on the basis of proportional sampling technique. Rice farmers were found associated with agriculture sector. Major occupations were teaching and daily wage earners. Most of the rice farmers were found educated and semi-medium size category. Most of the respondents were belonging to higher medium age group followed by lower medium age group and young age group category between the age levels and remaining were old age group is Men generally made decisions. Among the hundred farmers 96.25 % were found educated while the remaining 3.75 % were uneducated which showed high degree of illiteracy level. Villagers used to derive their food sustenance from their own farm products. Cattle and buffalo were the major livestock. the majority of 66.25 per cent respondents were having low level of farm assets followed by 23.27 per cent respondents were having medium level of farm assets and the remaining 10.00 per cent respondents of basmati rice growers were high numbers of farm assets. The major sources of income were farm incomes and foreign remittances. The major heads of expenditures were food items, clothing, education, health, electricity, house rent, sui-gas, and water and investment activities. The total expenditures recorded were Rs. 25,001 to 50000 annual ranges per year. They were found engaged in subsistence level of farming. The Govt. should take steps to improve their standard of living.


Keywords: Socio-Economic, Basmati, Rice, Respondent, Family.
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Akshay Kumar, R.N. Yadav, Roop Kumar, Ravindra Kumar, Amit Kumar Mishra, Amit Kumar and Jagdeep Kumar. 2017. A Study on Socio-Economic Back Ground of Basmati Rice Growers in Saharanpur District.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 6(7): 2817-2823. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.607.392