Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019) [Effective from January 1, 2019]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019)
[Effective from January 1, 2019]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2017.6(5): 1951-1957
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.605.217


Effect of Foliar Feeding of Micro-nutrients on Physico-Chemical Attributes of Aonla (Emblica officinalis Gaertn) cv. Na-7 Under High Density Planting
Shivanand Mohan Mishra, D. Ram, Ankit Pandey and Ashok Kumar Meena*
Department of Horticulture, College of Horticulture and Forestry, Narendra Deva University of Agriculture & Technology, Narendra nagar (Kumarganj), Faizabad-224 229 (U.P.) India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

The present investigation entitled on “Effect of foliar feeding of micro-nutrients on physico-chemical attributes of aonla (Emblica officinalis Gaertn) cv. Na-7 under high density planting” was carried out at the Main Experimental Station, Department of Horticulture, NDUAT, Kumarganj, and Faizabad (U.P.) during the year 2015-16. The experiment on aonla cv. NA-7 was conducted in Randomized Block Design (RBD) with three replication and seven treatments such as T1 (control), T2 (ZnSO4 @ 0.25%), T3 (Borax @ 0.25%), T4 (CuSO4 @0.4%), T5 (MnSO4 @ 0.5%), T6 (CuSO4 @ 0.4%) + ZnSO4 (0.25%) + Borax (0.25%) and T7 (CuSO4 @ 0.4%) + MnSO4 (0.5%) + ZnSO4 (0.25%) considering one plant as unit (used 21 trees in overall research) con. The micro nutrient spray was applied two times after fruit set in the month of mid of May and July. The observations were recorded on per cent fruit drop and fruit retention, fruit size, fruit weight, stone weight, pulp: stone ratio, fruit yield and quality at different stages of fruit development. The minimum (75.03%) per cent of fruit drop and maximum per cent of fruit retention (24.80%) was recorded with CuSO4 (0.4%) + ZnSO4 (0.25%) + Borax (0.25%). Significant increase in fruit size, fruit weight (42.70g), pulp: stone ratio (21.59) was also recorded due to treatment CuSO4 (0.4%) + MnSO4 (0.5%) + ZnSO4 (0.25%) as compared to other treatments. The maximum TSS (12.35%), reducing (3.05%), non-reducing (2.58%) and total sugars (5.63%), Vitamin ‘C’ (560.5 mg/100g of fruit pulp) and fruit yield (99.04) kg/tree) recorded with treatment of CuSO4 (0.4%) + ZnSO4 (0.25%) + Borax (0.25%) whereas minimum acidity (1.37%) and stone weight(1.86g) were also recorded with foliar feeding of CuSO4 (0.4%) + ZnSO4 (0.25%) + Borax (0.25%). On the basis of present finding, it can be concluded that foliar feeding of CuSO4 (0.4%) + ZnSO4 (0.25%) + Borax (0.25%) gave best result for the production of maximum fruit yield and better quality of aonla fruits.


Keywords: Aonla, Micro-nutrients, physico-chemical, Zinc, Manganese sulphate.
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Shivanand Mohan Mishra, D. Ram, Ankit Pandey and Ashok Kumar Meena. 2017. Effect of Foliar Feeding of Micro-nutrients on Physico-Chemical Attributes of Aonla (Emblica officinalis Gaertn) cv. Na-7 Under High Density Planting.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 6(5): 1951-1957. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.605.217