Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2018 - IJCMAS--ICV 2018: 95.39 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020) [Effective from January 1, 2020]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020)
[Effective from January 1, 2020]
For more details click here

ICV 2018: 95.39
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2018 - IJCMAS--ICV 2018: 95.39
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2018: 95.39
NAAS RATING 2020: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2017.6(5): 1689-1696
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.605.183


Effect of Graded Levels of Nitrogen and Potassium on Yield and Quality of Sweet Potato (Ipomoea batatas L.)
M. Pushpalatha*, P.H. Vaidya and P.B. Adsul
Department of Soil Science and Agriculture chemistry, College of Agriculture, Latur Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Parbhani 431402 (M.S.) India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

Aim of work is to investigate increasing yield and quality of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L.) under the condition of semi arid region. The experiment was laid in Factorial Randomized Block Design with three replications and twelve treatments. The field experiment was conducted in College of Agriculture, Latur farm during the kharif season 2015-2016. The experiment consist of 4 levels of nitrogen (0, 75, 100 and 125 kg ha-1) and 3 levels of potassium (0, 75 and 100 kg ha-1). Yield contributing and quality characteristics of sweet potato were significantly increased with increased levels of nitrogen and potassium levels. Application of 125 kg N ha-1 along with 100 kg K2O ha-1 recorded significantly higher tuber yield and quality parameters of sweet potato. The application of nitrogen @ 125 kg per ha recorded highest tuber yield (22,398 kg ha-1) and yield contributing characters viz. tuber diameter (6.24 cm), tuber length (18.58 cm ), number of tubers per plant (9.36 plant-1) and quality characters viz., fresh tuber weight (451.49 g), dry tuber weight (40.57 g), tuber dry matter, (75.10 %), reducing sugar (0.268%), non reducing sugars (6.58 %), total sugar(6.85 %), TSS (13.37 %), carbohydrates (18.01 %) and protein (9.87 %) than over the control. But specific gravity (1.14 g ml-1) of tuber is increased with decreased nitrogen level. Graded levels of potassium application is significantly increases tuber yield (19,597 kg ha-1) and yield contributes are tuber diameter (5.96 cm), tuber length (17.94 cm), number of tubers per plant (9.0) are recorded in the application of 100 kg K2O ha-1 and quality attributes are fresh tuber weight (410.26 g), reducing sugar (0.231 %), non reducing sugars (6.23 %), total sugar (6.46 %), TSS (12.69 %), carbohydrates (17.29 %), protein (8.70 %) and specific gravity (1.12 g ml-1) of tuber was found @ 100 kg K2O ha-1 over control application (K0).


Keywords: Sweet potato, Nitrogen, Potassium, Quality, Specific gravity
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Pushpalatha, M., P.H. Vaidya and Adsul, P.B. 2017. Effect of Graded Levels of Nitrogen and Potassium on Yield and Quality of Sweet Potato (Ipomoea batatas L.).Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 6(5): 1689-1696. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.605.183