Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020) [Effective from January 1, 2020]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020)
[Effective from January 1, 2020]
For more details click here

ICV 2019: 96.39
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues
Download Publication Certificate

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2018: 95.39
NAAS RATING 2020: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2021.10(6): 646-652
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2021.1006.071


Economic Analysis of Rajma Production in Visakhapatnam District of Andhra Pradesh, India
Sruthi1*, B. Aparna1, N. Vani1 and G. Mohan Naidu2
1Department of Agricultural Economics, 2Department of Statistics and Computer Applications, S.V Agricultural College, Tirupati, A.P, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

In the present study, an attempt has been made to study economic analysis of rajma in Visakhapatnam district with view to study the costs and returns, constraints in production and marketing of rajam. For this purpose, two mandals (Chintapalli and Gudem Kotha Veedhi) were selected and from each mandal two villages on the basis of highest area under rajma. From each selected village 10 farmers were selected through simple random technique making a sample size of 40 farmers. The data pertains for the year 2018-19. The study revealed that by using the mentioned physical inputs the main produce was 8.4 quintals per hectare. The total cost of cultivation of rajma per hectare was calculated as ₹18869.11. Among the total costs, 86.61 per cent was occupied by variable costs and remaining 13.38 per cent was occupied by fixed costs. The cost of cultivation of rajma according to cost concepts was calculated and they were, cost A1 ₹14042.35, cost B1 ₹14167.11, cost B2 ₹15677.11, cost C1 ₹17269.11, cost C2 ₹18869.11and finally cost C3 ₹20756.02. Gross returns and net returns per hectare of rajma were ₹52500 and ₹33630.89 respectively. When Rate of returns was worked out they stood at 1.78. High infestation of disease and pest in the field was the major constraint faced by farmers’ during cultivation of rajma.


Keywords: Rajma, Cost concepts, Net return, Rate of returns
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Sruthi, P., B. Aparna, N. Vani and Mohan Naidu, G. 2021. Economic Analysis of Rajma Production in Visakhapatnam District of Andhra Pradesh, India.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 10(6): 646-652. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2021.1006.071