Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020) [Effective from January 1, 2020]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020)
[Effective from January 1, 2020]
For more details click here

ICV 2019: 96.39
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues
Download Publication Certificate

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2018: 95.39
NAAS RATING 2020: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2021.10(6): 407-414
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2021.1006.043


Bacteriological Profile of Blood Culture of Patients from a Tertiary Care and Teaching Hospital of Banaskantha District, India
Radhika Khara*, Amar C. Sajjan, Anil Chaudhary and Aarushi Agrawal
Department of Microbiology, Banas Medical College and Research Institute At & Post-Moriya, Palanpur, Banaskantha, Gujarat -385001, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

Blood culture remains a gold standard in establishing diagnosis of all blood stream infections as well as sepsis (Nagoba, 2005). Thus this study was aimed at isolating and identifying bacterial and/or fungal agents from blood culture of the patients admitted in the hospital. A total of 309 blood cultures were performed for a period of one year. A total of 74.43% (230/309) samples did not yield any bacterial/fungal growth whereas the rest 25.57% (79/309) showed growth with 79 isolates. All the samples yielded single isolates. Of the 79 isolates, 32.91% (26/79) were Gram negative bacilli, 56.96% (45/79) were Gram positive bacteria and 10.12% (08/79) Candida species. Of the total isolates, Klebseilla spp. – 25.31% (20/79) was the most frequent isolate from blood culture followed by CoNS – 22.78% (18/79), Staphyloccoccus aureus – 16.45% (13/79), MRCoNS – 20.82% (09/79), Candida species 10.12% (08/79), MRSA 3.79% (03/79) and 2.53% (02/79) each of E. coli, Enterococcus species, Acineto bacter species and Pseudomonas spp.


Keywords: Blood culture, bacteria, Candida species
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Radhika Khara, Amar C. Sajjan, Anil Chaudhary and Aarushi Agrawal. 2021. Bacteriological Profile of Blood Culture of Patients from A Tertiary Care and Teaching Hospital of Banaskantha District, India.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 10(6): 407-414. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2021.1006.043