Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019) [Effective from January 1, 2019]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019)
[Effective from January 1, 2019]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2019.8(7): 813-820
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.807.098


Development of Nutritious Fruit Leather by Blending Guava and Papaya
L. Jeebit Singh1* and R.B. Tiwari2
1Directorate of Horticulture and Soil Conservation, Manipur, India
2Division of Post-Harvest Technology and Agricultural Engineering, ICAR-IIHR, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

Blended guava ‘Allahabad Safeda’ and papaya ‘Taiwan Red Lady’ fruit leathers were prepared by blending their pulp at different ratio of 100:0, 80:20, 60:40, 50:50, 40:60, 20:80 and 0:100 respectively. Acidity at 0.3 % using citric acid and KMS (potassium metabisulphite) at 600 ppm was added to blended pulp and TSS adjusted to 20oB then dried in a cabinet drier at 55 ± 5oC till the desired moisture content (15 % approx.) is achieved. Blended guava-papaya (40:60) leather was found best among other treatments in terms of quality and acceptability. It had a good yield of 26.78 % with 15.75 % moisture content and 0.59 water acidity which promises a good storability and safety. It was highly acceptable with maximum sensory acceptability in terms of colour, flavor and texture (total 80.78 out of 100) with acidity 1.22 %, reducing sugar 39.44 %, non-reducing sugar 29.41 % and total sugar 68.85 %. It improved the nutritional value with 137.3 mg per 100g ascorbic acid and 1367.3 µg carotenoids per 100 g of prepared leather. Non enzymatic browning (NEB) measured at optical density at 420 nm had 0.124 reading which was far below unacceptable level.


Keywords: Fruit leather, Fruit bar, Blending, Guava, Papaya
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Jeebit Singh, L. and Tiwari, R.B. 2019. Development of Nutritious Fruit Leather by Blending Guava and Papaya.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 8(7): 813-820. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.807.098