Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2018) [Effective from January 1, 2018]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2017)
[Effective from January 1, 2017]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here
journals IJCMAS
See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2018.7(11): 2211-2218
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.711.247


Critical Analysis of Adoption Pattern and Problems of Chilli Growers in Tenant Farming
K. Kiranmayi1 and B. Vijayabhinandana2
1KVK, Amadalavalasa, Srikakulam (Dt.), India
2ANGRAU, Guntur, A.P., India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

The study was taken up with the main objective of identifying and analyzing the adoption of package of practices by the Chilli farmers as recommended by the scientists of ANGRAU. It was conducted in 2013 with a sample of Sixty (60) tenant farmers in the Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. Cent per cent of the respondents fell in the category of fully adopted with respect to time of harvest. 86.67 per cent of the respondents fully adopted recommended doses of fertilizers; while the remaining 13.33 per cent fell in the category of partially adopted. 81.67 per cent of the respondents fully adopted recommended dosage of pesticides, followed by partially adopted (18.33%). 73.33 per cent of the respondents fully adopted the recommended number of irrigations; while the remaining 26.67 per cent fell in the category of partially adopted. 76.67 per cent of the respondents fully adopted the recommended varieties in chilli, followed by partially adopted (23.33%). With respect to seed rate, 63.33 per cent of the respondents fell in the category of fully adopted, followed by partially adopted (36.67%). A little more than half of the farmers had medium adoption (61.67%) of recommended package of practices in chilli crop, followed by high (23.33%) and low (15.00%) adoption. Hiked land lease rents, lack of financial support from banks and payment of entire land lease rent in the form of cash were the major problems encountered by tenant farmers in tenant farming.


Keywords: Chilli, Adoption, Tenant farmers, Package of practices
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Kiranmayi, K. and Vijayabhinandana, B. 2018. Critical Analysis of Adoption Pattern and Problems of Chilli Growers in Tenant Farming.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 7(11): 2211-2218. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.711.247