Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2018) [Effective from January 1, 2018]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2017)
[Effective from January 1, 2017]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here
journals IJCMAS
See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2018.7(11): 1531-1537
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.711.176


Effect of Integrated Nutrient Management on Soil Biological Properties in Kharif Rice
M. Mallikarjun* and S.K. Maity
Department of Agronomy, Institute of Agriculture, Visva-Bharati University, Sriniketan - 731 236, West Bengal, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

A field experiment was conducted during kharif season of 2015 and 2016 to study the effect of integrated nutrient management (INM) practices on soil biological properties in rice. The experiment was laid out in randomized block design with eight treatments including six INM practices, one chemical practice and one control (i.e. no N) with three replications. The results revealed that biological properties of soil were significantly enhanced by the application of combined use of organic and inorganic fertilizers after harvest of crop during both the years of experimentation. The population of bacteria, fungi and actinomycetes decreased in higher proportion in control. Application of 100% RDN through chemical fertilizers alone showed a relatively less increase in population of microbes. However, application of organics in the form of farm yard manure (FYM), mustard oil cake (MOC), Green manuring (GM), Brown manuring (BM) and Azolla helped to increase bacteria, actinomycetes, fungi and enzymatic activity in soil over 100% RDN through chemical fertilizers during both the years of experimentation. The results revealed that treatment T8 (50% N as chemical fertilizer with 25% FYM along with Azolla dual cropping), recorded the maximum load of total bacteria, actinomycetes, fungi and enhanced the activity of urease and dehydrogenase along with soil microbial biomass carbon. Hence replacement of either 25% RDN or 50% RDN of chemical fertilizers through organics is desirable to improve soil health by increasing microbial load and enzymatic activity in the lateritic belt of west Bengal.


Keywords: Organic manures, Inorganic, INM, Microorganisms
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Mallikarjun, M. and Maity, S.K. 2018. Effect of Integrated Nutrient Management on Soil Biological Properties in Kharif Rice.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 7(11): 1531-1537. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.711.176