Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020) [Effective from January 1, 2020]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020)
[Effective from January 1, 2020]
For more details click here

ICV 2019: 96.39
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2018: 95.39
NAAS RATING 2020: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2018.7(9): 2415-2422
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.709.300


Evaluation of Probability Distribution Technique for Predication of Weekly Maximum Rainfall and Crop Planning for North Bihar
Sanjay Kumar Nirala*, Sushil Kumar Roy and Sujeet Kumar Bhagat
Department of Soil and Water Engineering, College of Agriculture Engineering, Dr. R.P.C.A.U., Pusa (Samastipur) Bihar – 848125, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

Probability distribution technique used to predict the weekly maximum rainfall. In India 60% of total net sown area comes under rainfed. More than 65% population depends on agriculture, but, it contributes only 15.7% GDP of India. The rainfall distribution in country is non uniform which varies from place to place as well as time to time, therefore, study of probability distribution technique needed for understand rainfall characteristic and distribution. Appropriate analysis of rainfall data of 32 years from 1980 to 2011 was done for North Bihar. It was found that maximum rainfall 223 mm at 10% probability level minimum 2.57 mm at 90% probability level during 26th week and. Gumbel Distribution technique has found to be best suitable for evaluating weekly maximum rainfall up to 80% probability level by Chi Square Test. Crop planning at 80% probability level was considered, since an appreciable amount of rainfall is available from 25 to 38 week and maximum rainfall. In pusa region for Kharif season rice crop varieties such as Prabhat, Bhagavati for up land and Saroj, Rajendra Kasutri, Rajendra Subhashni, for low land are may be suitable. For Rabi season wheat, Maize, Mustard, Rai, Tori, crop suitable for upland and lowland.


Keywords: Probability distribution, Weekly maximum rainfall, Crop planning, Chi Square test
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Sanjay Kumar Nirala, Sushil Kumar Roy and Sujeet Kumar Bhagat. 2018. Evaluation of Probability Distribution Technique for Predication of Weekly Maximum Rainfall and Crop Planning for North Bihar.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 7(9): 2415-2422. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.709.300