Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2018 - IJCMAS--ICV 2018: 95.39 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020) [Effective from January 1, 2020]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020)
[Effective from January 1, 2020]
For more details click here

ICV 2018: 95.39
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2018 - IJCMAS--ICV 2018: 95.39
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2018: 95.39
NAAS RATING 2020: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2017.6(9): 3500-3509
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.609.430


A Combination Fungicide for the Management of Sheath Blight, Sheath Rot and Stem Rot Diseases of Paddy
D. Pramesh1,2*, Saddamhusen Alase1,2, K.M. Muniraju1,2 and M. Kirana Kumara1,2
1All India Coordinated Rice Improvement Programme, Agricultural Research Station, Gangavathi-583 227, Karnataka, India
2Department of Plant Pathology, University of Agricultural Sciences,
Raichur-584104, Karnataka, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

A new combination fungicide TAQAT 75% WP (Captan 70% + Hexaconazole 5%) was tested in different doses against rice sheath blight (ShB), sheath rot (ShR) and stem rot (StR) diseases under field conditions during Kharif 2013 and Rabi 2013-14. The combination fungicide TAQAT 75% WP (Captan 70% + Hexaconazole 5%) @ 750 g/ha was found effective against ShB, ShR and StR diseases recording least percent disease index (PDI) of 13.33, 14.44 and 13.7 respectively during Kharif 2013. Similar trend was observed during the Rabi 2013-14 where test fungicide TAQAT 75% WP recorded least PDI of 14.11, 14.16 and 17.49 against ShB, ShR and StR diseases respectively. Compared to TAQAT 75% WP, other test fungicides such as Captan 50% WP and Hexaconazole 5% SC at different doses recorded highest PDI against ShB, ShR and StR in both Kharif 2013 and Rabi 2013-2014. Significant increase in grain yield (67.25 q/h) was observed in the plots treated with test chemical TAQAT 75% WP 750 g/ha in Kharif 2013 and 64.35 q/ha during Rabi 2013-14, whereas, other fungicidal treatments recorded the yield in the range of 44.52-61.25 q/h (Kharif 2013) and 41.32-58.50 (Rabi 2013-14).


Keywords: Sheath blight, Sheath rot, Stem rot, TAQAT 75 WP, PDI.
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Pramesh, D., Saddamhusen Alase, K.M. Muniraju and Kirana Kumara, M. 2017. A Combination Fungicide for the Management of Sheath Blight, Sheath Rot and Stem Rot Diseases of PaddyInt.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 6(9): 3500-3509. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.609.430