Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2016 - IJCMAS--ICV 2016: 92.3 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2017) [Effective from January 1, 2017]For more details click here
Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2017)
[Effective from January 1, 2017]
For more details click here

ICV 2016: 92.3
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2016 - IJCMAS--ICV 2016: 92.3
For more details click here
journals IJCMAS
See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2015: 85.95
NAAS RATING 2017: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2017.6(4): 1527-1532
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.604.187


Effect of Silica on Physical and Biochemical Characters of Guava
Kishore Kumar Das1*, G.S.K. Swamy2, Shivaningapp Kumbar3,
P.M. Gangadharappa4 and R.C. Jagadeesha3
1Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agriculture University, Bikaner- 334006, Rajasthan, India
2College of Horticulture, Mysore- 571130, Karnataka, India
3KRC College of Horticulture, Arabhavi-591218, Karnataka, India
4College of Horticulture, Koppala-583234, Karnataka, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

An experiment was carried out in Kittur Rani Channamma College of Horticulture, Arabhavi, Karnataka to study the effect of silica (Diatomaceous earth) on physical and Biochemical characters of Guava. Diatomaceous earth is a source of silicon and it was applied after bahar treatment as whole basal application along with recommended dose of fertilizer. Maximum fruit weight (150.99g), volume (165.95ml), length (65.30mm), girth (70.82mm), peel weight (1.33g), TSS (12.050B), sugars to acid ratio (71.05), minimum acidity (0.18%), reducing sugar (5.04%), non reducing sugar (6.11%), total sugar (11.15%) and ascorbic acid (172.95 mg/ 100 gm) was recorded in T9 (RDF +3 kg of DE/plant) while the minimum values were recorded in treatment T1 (Absolute control).


Keywords: Guava, Diatomaceous Earth, Silicon, Physical and Biochemical Characters.
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Kishore Kumar Das, G.S.K. Swamy, Shivaningapp Kumbar, P.M. Gangadharappa and Jagadeesha, R.C. 2017. Effect of Silica on Physical and Biochemical characters of Guava.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 6(4): 1527-1532. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.604.187