Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020) [Effective from January 1, 2020]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2020)
[Effective from January 1, 2020]
For more details click here

ICV 2019: 96.39
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2019 - IJCMAS--ICV 2019: 96.39
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2018: 95.39
NAAS RATING 2020: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2020.9(5): 1458-1466
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2020.905.166


Effect of Different Levels of Nitrogen and Methods of Application on Growth and Yield of Garlic (Allium sativum L.)
Piyush Verma, L. R. Varma, Yogesh Pawar* and P. C. Joshi
Department of Horticulture, C. P. College of Agriculture, S. D. Agricultural University, Sardarkrushinagar-385 506, Gujarat, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

Field experiment was carried out from 2013– 14 to 2015– 16 at S. D. Agricultural University, Sardarkrushinagar to standardize the dose of nitrogen and its method of application in garlic under semi arid region of Gujarat. Twelve treatments comprising various combinations of nitrogen (75, 100, 125, 150, 175 and 200 kg N/ha) and methods of application (50% N2 as a basal application & 50% as in two split at 45 and 75 days of sowing and second level as 20% N2 as a basal application & 80% as top dressing in four split at 30,50,70,90 days after sowing) were evaluated for growth and yield parameters of garlic. Growth and yield parameters were significantly improved by 125 kg nitrogen per hectare when applied through 20 per cent as basal and remaining 80 per cent as top dressing in four split at 30,50,70,90 days after sowing.


Keywords: Garlic, Growth, Nitrogen, Split Application, Yield
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Piyush Verma, L. R. Varma, Yogesh Pawar and Joshi, P. C. 2020. Effect of Different Levels of Nitrogen and Methods of Application on Growth and Yield of Garlic (Allium sativum L.).Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 9(5): 1458-1466. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2020.905.166