Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019) [Effective from January 1, 2019]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019)
[Effective from January 1, 2019]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2019.8(11): 1605-1608
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.811.185


Seroprevalence of Brucellosis in Patients with PUO in North Karnataka District, India
Shilpa Gokale, S. S. Solabannavar*, Suresh Sonth, Anand Janagond, Arati Bhurle, Anushka Devinkar and Amit Joshi
Department of Microbiology, S. Nijalingappa Medical College, Navanagar Bagalkot, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

Brucellosis is one of the most important but neglected zoonoses worldwide and very common in India. Very few reports are available on the prevalence of human brucellosis in our region. Therefore a study was conducted to estimate the seroprevalence of brucellosis in patients with prolonged fever. The study was conducted from November 2017 to February 2018 at a tertiary care teaching hospital. A total of 196 sera samples from pyretic patients were collected and tested for anti brucella antibodies by RBPT and positive samples were further analysed by serum agglutination test (SAT) using standard Brucella abortus antigen from Indian Veterinary Institute, Izatnagar, UP, India. The seroprevalence of brucellosis among pyretic patients was estimated to be 2.55% with a titre of ≥1:80. The 2 ME agglutination assay showed acute infection in 35% and remaining 65% were having chronic infection. Brucellosis among pyretic patients is common. Thus we emphasize the need for a routine screening of brucellosis in all patients presenting with PUO in our region.


Keywords: Brucellosis, Pyretic, RBPT, SAT
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Shilpa Gokale, S. S. Solabannavar, Suresh Sonth, Anand Janagond, Arati Bhurle, Anushka Devinkar and Amit Joshi. 2019. Seroprevalence of Brucellosis in Patients with PUO in North Karnataka District, India.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 8(11): 1605-1608. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.811.185