Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019) [Effective from January 1, 2019]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019)
[Effective from January 1, 2019]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2019.8(6): 1164-1171
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.806.144


Price Spread and Marketing Efficiency Measure Analysis of Tea Platation Crop in Mokokchung District, India
Imlibenla and Amod Sharma*
Department of Agricultural Economics, SASRD, Nagaland University, Medziphema Campus, Nagaland, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

A study was conducted to analyze the marketing cost, price spread, marketing channels, and marketing efficiency of different tea plantation farms in Mokokchung district of Nagaland state, both primary and secondary data were used. The primary data pertained to the year 2018-19 and was elicited from 90 tea plantation cultivators and 10 market intermediaries were also selected for the data collection through pre-tested questionnaires. The main findings reveals that 64 respondents (71.10 per cent) of the sample sold their produce through channel-I and the remaining 26 respondents (28.90 per cent) sold though channel-II 759183 kg (54.10 per cent) of plucked tea leaves were sold through channel-I and 644907 kg (45.90 per cent) were sold through Channel-II, respectively. The total marketing cost incurred in Channel-I was Rs 7.08/- per kg, the total cost incurred in channel-II was Rs 6.55/-, which showed that total marketing cost was more in Channel-I as compared to Channel-II. In both the channels, marketing margin obtained by the processing unit was Rs 52.14/- per kg of processed tea leaf. The marketing margin obtained by processing unit was high due to various value addition process carried out during processing. The total margin observed in Channel-I was Rs 77.94/-, which was slightly higher than Rs 76.94/- as obtained in Channel-II, respectively. The consumer’s price for 1 kg of processed tea leaf is Rs 300.00. In case of channel-I, producer’s share in consumer price was Rs 15.00/-, which was less than Rs 17.00/- as obtained in channel-II. The marketing efficiency in Channel-I was estimated to be 14.10 and in Channel-II it was 15.30, so it was found out that Channel-II was more efficient than Channel-I, respectively.


Keywords: Tea, price, Spread, Marketing, Efficiency, Analysis
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Imlibenla and Amod Sharma. 2019. Price Spread and Marketing Efficiency Measure Analysis of Tea Platation Crop in Mokokchung District.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 8(6): 1164-1171. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.806.144