Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019) [Effective from January 1, 2019]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019)
[Effective from January 1, 2019]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2019.8(4): 1947-1954
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.804.228


Study on Relationship between Profile Characteristics of Bt Cotton Tenant Farmers with their Level of Knowledge on Recommended Package of Practices
Kantheti Vysali1*, P. Rambabu2 and Reshma J. Murugan1
1Department of Agricultural Extension, Agricultural College, Bapatla, India
2Director of Extension, Administrative office, ANGRAU, Lam, Guntur, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

The study was conducted in Andhra Pradesh state during 2017-18. A total of 120 Bt cotton tenant farmers were selected randomly for the study. Data was collected with interview schedule. To study the nature of the relationship between the profile characteristics and knowledge level of Bt cotton tenant farmers, correlation coefficients (r) was computed and the values were presented in Table 1. The relationship between the profile and knowledge level of Bt cotton tenant farmers were tested by null hypothesis and empirical hypothesis. The independent variables namely education, land taken for lease, training received, extension contact, social participation, annual income, credit acquisition and utilization, possession of soil health card, innovativeness, economic motivation, mass media exposure, risk orientation, market orientation showed a positive and significant relationship with knowledge of Bt cotton tenant farmers at 1 per cent level of significance. Whereas, age showed negative and non-significant relationship and farming experience showed positive and non-significant relationship with knowledge of Bt cotton tenant farmers. Multiple Linear Regression (MLR) analysis revealed that all the selected fifteen independent variables put together, explained about 78.80 per cent variation in the level of knowledge for Bt cotton tenant farmers. Remaining 21.20 per cent was due to the extraneous effect of the variables.


Keywords: Knowledge, Bt Cotton tenant farmers
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Kantheti Vysali, P. Rambabu and Reshma J. Murugan. 2019. Study on Relationship between Profile Characteristics of Bt Cotton Tenant Farmers with their Level of Knowledge on Recommended Package of Practices.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 8(4): 1947-1954. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.804.228