Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019) [Effective from January 1, 2019]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019)
[Effective from January 1, 2019]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2019.8(1): 1285-1289
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.801.136


Qualitative and Morphometric Characters of Aseel Male Chicken
R. Richard Churchil*, J. Jamima, Yadav Sunil Machindra, P. Kanagaraju and G. Srinivasan
Department of Poultry Science, Madras Veterinary College, Tamil Nadu veterinary and Animal Sciences, Chennai – 600 007, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

A study was conducted at department of Poultry science, Madras Veterinary College, Chennai to record the qualitative characters of Aseel male chicken and to measure the biometric Characters of the birds. The skin, shank and eye colour were yellow and the colour was red in all the birds (100%). Sixty per cent of bird had red ear lobe and remaining 40% had pinkish red ear lobe. The comb type was ‘Pea’ in 80% of the birds, while it was ‘Rose’ in the remaining birds (20%). The beak colour was either brownish yellow (60%) or blackish yellow (40%). None of the birds had wattles (0%). The mean values of body weight (kg), beak length (cm), comb height (cm), shank length (cm), spur length (cm), body girth (cm), wing span (cm), keel bone length (cm), breast angle (degree), height of bird (cm) and body length (cm) were 1.87, 2.92, 0.96, 7.84, 2.10, 31.60, 75.00, 12.52, 30.80, 44.70 and 53.80 respectively.


Keywords: Aseel, Indigenous, Qualitative, Biometry, Morphology
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Richard Churchil, R., J. Jamima, Yadav Sunil Machindra, P. Kanagaraju and Srinivasan, G. 2019. Qualitative and Morphometric Characters of Aseel Male Chicken.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 8(1): 1285-1289. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.801.136