Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2018) [Effective from January 1, 2018]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2017)
[Effective from January 1, 2017]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here
journals IJCMAS
See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2018.7(11): 2027-2034
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.711.230


Productivity, Water Use Efficiency and Economics of Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea L.) as Influenced by Integrated Nutrient Management
Rahul Ranjan1*, Sushil Dimree1, R.K. Pathak1, U.D. Awasthi2 and Amar Kant Verma2
1Department of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
2Department of Soil Conservation and Water Management, C S Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

A field experiment was carried out in the pot culture of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, C S Azad University of Agriculture & Technology during 2017-18. The experiment consisted of 9 treatments viz. T1: Control, T2: N (RDN 100%), T3: NP (100%), T4: NPK (100%) T5: NPK (100%) + Zn5, T6: NPK (100%) + S30, T7: NPK (100%) + Zn5 + S30, T8: 75% (RDF) + Zn5 + S30 + 25% through FYM and T9: 75% (RDF) + Zn5 + S30 + 25% through FYM + PSB @ 2.5 Kg ha-1 in soil assigned in randomized block design replicated thrice during rabi season of 2017-18. The mustard cv Varuna was used in the experiment. The soil of the experimental plot was sandy loam in texture, medium in fertility and slightly alkaline in reaction. The weather during the experimental period was by and large normal and devoid of any extreme conditions. The results indicated that application of 75% (RDF) supplemented with 5 kg Zn, 30 kg S along with remaining 25% through FYM and PSB @ 2.5 Kg ha-1 resulted in significantly maximum plant height, number of functional leaves, number of branches plant-1, girth of plant, root development, minimum water use and ultimately higher seed yield and WUE as compared to other corresponding tested treatments. The treatment also excelled in harvest index, net return and benefit: cost ratio under control.


Keywords: Indian mustard, Integrated nutrient management, FYM, B:C ratio
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Rahul Ranjan, Sushil Dimree, R.K. Pathak, U.D. Awasthi and Amar Kant Verma. 2018. Productivity, Water Use Efficiency and Economics of Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea L.) as Influenced by Integrated Nutrient Management.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 7(11): 2027-2034. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.711.230