Follow
International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS)
IJCMAS is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCMAS Articles.
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00 For more details click here
National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) : NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019) [Effective from January 1, 2019]For more details click here

Login as a Reviewer

Indexed in



National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
NAAS Score: *5.38 (2019)
[Effective from January 1, 2019]
For more details click here

ICV 2017: 100.00
Index Copernicus ICI Journals Master List 2017 - IJCMAS--ICV 2017: 100.00
For more details click here

See Guidelines to Authors
Current Issues

Original Research Articles

PRINT ISSN : 2319-7692
Online ISSN : 2319-7706
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcmas@gmail.com / submit@ijcmas.com
Editor-in-chief: Dr.M.Prakash
Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 100.00
NAAS RATING 2018: 5.38

Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2018.7(10): 2817-2821
DOI: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.710.327


Rationality and Validity of ITKs on Tribal Medicine and Tribal Foods of Tribal Farmers in Telangana of Andhra Pradesh
Praveen and I. Sreenivasa Rao
Department of Agricultural Extension, College of Agriculture, Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University, Hyderabad – 500030, Telangana, India
*Corresponding author
Abstract:

This study was conducted in Adilabad, Khammam and Warangal districts of Telangana. Ex post-facto research design was followed in this study, since different variables chosen for the study had already occurred. An effort was made to document the indigenous technology of tribal farmers. For testing the rationality of the ITKs, a questionnaire containing lists of ITKs was prepared and exposed to the scientists for judging their rationality and validity on a three point scale wherein, 3 is rational, 2 undecided and 1 is irrational. The mean score was calculated by summing the scores overall and divided by the number of judges for a given item and if it is more than two then the item was considered as rational and less than two was considered as irrational. For validity, the scientists were asked to find out the valid ITKs among rational ITKs which were validated, tested and verified on the basis of research. Out of 29 ITKs on Tribal foods only 14 ITKs (78.04%) were found rational and the remaining 9 ITKs (21.96%) were found irrational, whereas. On tribal medicines it was found that 7 ITKs (70.00%) were judged rational and 3 ITKs (30.0%) were judged not rational.


Keywords: Rationality, Validity, ITKs, Tribal medicine
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Praveen, N. and Sreenivasa Rao, I. 2018. Rationality and Validity of ITKs on Tribal Medicine and Tribal Foods of Tribal Farmers in Telangana of Andhra Pradesh.Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 7(10): 2817-2821. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.710.327